You can really spend a lot of time looking around YouTube before you realize it. I had fun looking up various "library" topics such as Dewey Decimal, reading, books, and library. One video that caught my attention was library ninja episode 1. I also really liked how some of the public libraries are using YouTube as a very creative means for promoting their library's events.
YouTube has a layout that is user friendly and encourages you to watch more videos with their side bars of related videos that also scroll through at the end of the video. Libraries could learn from this by creating web pages that show the book cover with basic important information and then also show related books off to the side, with little cover pictures of course. Bookstore websites do this already with links but I do not think they show the covers - people are attracted to pictures. Imagine creating a library website in which people could enjoy so much they lose track of time.
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment